Red Star Double-Acting Baking Powder
Red Star® Double-Acting Baking Powder
Red Star Double-Acting Baking Powder is a superior aluminum-free leavener especially applicable where the product requires rapid batter aeration and increased batter viscosity.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Specifically suited for applications where the product requires shaping or rolling before baking
- Particularly appropriate when product requires rapid batter aeration
- Kosher Parve
Red Star Double-Acting Baking Powder should be used shortly after mixing due in part to the leavening action occurring on the bench. It is not recommended for use in refrigerated formulations or recipes.
Use in batters up to 6% by weight of flour, 4.8 oz (130 g) Red Star Double-Acting Baking Powder for 5 lb (2 kg 270 g) flour, depending on formula used.
Best used at a level of 5% by weight of flour (4 oz (110 g) Red Star Double-Acting Baking Powder for 5 lb (2 kg 270 g) flour) for cakes to produce optimum results. Better for quick rise breads but not recommended for retarded batters.
- Quick breads
- Cake donuts
Product code 17500:
- 50 lb (22 kg 680 g) bag
- 40 bags/pallet
Product code 17660:
- 6 – 5 lb canisters (2 kg 270 g)
- 50 cases/pallet
- Recommended shelf life of 1 year from production date when unopened, and stored in a cool, dry place
- Do not leave opened product exposed
Lesaffre provides commercial bakers the broadest range of superior yeast and ingredients and backs it with our world-class team of experienced technical staff. Contact the Baking Center with questions: (414) 615-4115